Day 11: Community College Classes and Camouflage!
|Herbert the III's paintings. |
The painting on the right
depicts Herbert I,
while the work on the left illustrates
the abduction of a cow
by an alien spacecraft.
We began by singing almost all of our favorites: My Bonny Lies Over the Ocean, many doses of Jibberish, the Jeep song, The Done Song, Llama, Eddie Cootcha-Ketcha Kama and had some lovely guitar accompaniment from Josh as we put our energy into the Cheese song.
From singing we retrieved our Peeps from the land. Luckily, no one was slugged or had their head eaten. We decided that this is probably due to the increasing number of houses appearing on Peeps' land!
During Werk Bezerk I (our first activity period), many Homesteaders attended a community college class on Peep-sized paintings led by Evie and her Peep Petal. Homesteaders left with paintings to hang on the walls of their completed (or nearly-completed homes). Vivian spruced up two rooms of her home with three beautiful paintings.
|Vivian's home, with three beautiful |
Peep Paintings installed on the walls.
|Business was brisk at the trading post!|
|A new Peep complete with Peep Pouch!|
|Working on Peep furniture.|
|Randie's Homesteader fixing a mistake as|
he builds Randie's new outhouse.
As the rain abated and the sun poked through the clouds, we decided to cut Werk Bezerk II short for an impromptu game of Camouflage! Some Homesteaders celebrated this choice (as we LOVE to play this game), but others voiced discontent at "losing valuable time to work!"
|A homesteader and commissioner hide during Camouflage.|
Note the commissioner's clever use of ferns to hide himself.
It was a valiant attempt, but ultimately unsuccessful. He was seen.
|Gus's person Michelle shows a Homesteader how to make a new robe|
for her Peep in the community college class.
Werk Bezerk III proved to be a very productive time as Community College students learned to make their own cloaks, coats and capes. We were so busy during this time that we weren't able to capture any of the completed works YET, but hope to get many fine photos tomorrow as Peeps sport their new duds.
Other Homesteaders continued to work on their houses, furniture and businesses, and talk drifted to topics like Peep DNA, Peep Funerals and how to make a proposal at the town meetings.
|Bella Cose holding a completed Flexa-rug. Just 10 rainbows!|
Old Joe made an appearance... ready to go to town
to tell them that Eddie C.K.K.T.T.S.K.W.B.
fell into the deep dark well-well-well!
Plusses for today:
- I was not fired!
- Camouflage (x5)
- Fishing (x2)
- New skirt for my Peep is mostly done!
- Nice paintings done.
- Cool work on Cloaks and Coats! (x2)
- A lot of Flexa-rugs completed!
- Community college classes were both fun!
- I got most of my house done today.
- NPR interview! (National Peep Radio)
- Finished my new Peep.
- Hard work and helpfulness in the workshop.
- Working on house and finishing it!
- Playing Spit with two Homesteaders.
- Completed a mini-fair ride!
Wishes for today:
- Corvee goes faster so there is more time for games!
- Cookies and Rainbows (x5)
- Finish my cloak and that the sleeves fit!
- That the couch I got was smaller.
- That I could be here for the mini-fair.
- Work on house tomorrow.
- FINISH house tomorrow!
- Win at camouflage.
- Find Old Joe's head.
- Scrap my old house model and build a new one.
- When XXXXX gets back he doesn't create a campaign to get me fired!
- Buy the ride made today for the mini-fair.
- That people would note that in the painting it is CLEARLY an alien abducting a cow.
- That I get to see what happens with Peep graveyard!
- Paint my house tomorrow.
- That I won't get fired for taking a break!